'Living in the Breath' by Richard Nedervelt

While I was on vacation in Hawaii I wandered into a wonderful art gallery in Honolulu....
Richard worked there and during my visit he shared a poem with me that was inspired by Hawaii. He had just written it in his notebook and he read it out loud ...

I would like to share it with all of you.
Richard also features it on his new blog, Living in the Breath.


Living in the breath,
standing in the waters,
the Divine presence is all around us.


It is like a cool strong breeze flowing around, beside, and through me.

When I am balanced within,
even the strongest storm cannot move me from where I stand,
for I am purified by my thoughts,
forgiven by myself,
and loved by the Beloved.


I stand on the land as if resting in the hand of the Creator,
and do nothing to the land I would not do to the Beloved.


Here in this moment,
 I am like night and day sharing the Heavens.
In sharing my space,
my breath rises and falls,
like a deep breathe uttering,
 "ALOHA"


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. OMG! You honor me to no end. Thank you for the extended breath you added to this new piece. I'm still working out my blog but maybe I can do one as beautiful as you someday. Thank you both for your love and support.

    Mahalo from Hawaii.
    Richard Nedervelt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi there! I would love to hear from you....

Popular Posts of all Time

Angelface Blue and Dark Violet Angelonia - a Flower that Keeps Giving

Planting Design for Dry Gardens by Olivier Filippi

'Purple Smoke' - The best Baptisia

No-Fail Tips for Turning Hydrangeas Blue!

Repurposed and Recycled - Creative Ideas for Garden Design

The Magnificent Purslane - Edible Landscaping at its best!

My one day Class Wednesday April 16 in NY - Jan Johnsen